Home Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Flame in Fort Santiago

Inside the Walled City in Manila, Philippines, you'll find the historical (and some say eerie) place called fort Santiago.

This place is always nice to visit if you want some historical revisiting and waking up your patriotic side.  Or maybe, if you just want to have a quick relaxation and de-stressing just within the metropolitan area.

I kind of visit this place from time to time and I've seen a lot of "changes".  I guess it's some kind of point-of-view on how we see whether this changes are good or bad or nahhh or so-so or whatever.

Let's take a short walk around the Fort Santiago!












There is this tunnel that used to be not open to public, or maybe I just wasn't able to pass by during my previous visits.


And honestly, I do not get why do they have to "creep-out" this tunnel.  I agree that historically speaking, all forms of morbidity happened in this dwellings, and I guess that it is  already given.  I just don't agree to horrify a historical site just for the purpose of attention or stirring something up.

















Outside the tunnel, there's a Chapel.








Some areas are closed for renovations and improvements.  I still want to see the ruins, though.  Hopefully, these areas are not intended to be commercialized.



There were lots of changes I were not able to notice.  I'm not sure if I liked these changes or I'm kinda missing the beauty that I first saw.  Nonetheless, I still think that Fort Santiago still has its innate wonder.















Then, there are these things that I wonder who put it there.  See that Ultraman?  Not that I can't take a joke, but you just don't joke around the warzone where unsung heroes sacrificed their lives, died, buried, and who-knows what kind of atrocity they endured.




There are also these recent sculptures I am still trying to comprehend its significance to the place.








The cross in memoriam of those who suffered during the war.




It is still prohibited to enter the dungeons, but you can still see and feel its melancholic presence.
















The plazas are still fun to hangout or relax to if you get tired walking around Fort Santiago.











..and enjoy the view of Metro Manila.







..or take a closer look at the Pasig River. (lol)



Though most areas are closed and under improvements, the Martyrdom Walk and some Ruins are still accessible.

























It may be tempting, but it is not advisable to do some crazy stunts in the vicinity.



A museum is also found inside the fort. It is good to visit Dambana ni Rizal Museum to know more about the Philippine National Hero.




































Some paintings and relics are found upstairs.



































..and do we really have to put this here, seriously?


The vessel used to deliver Mi Ultimo Adios and the said piece of bone of Dr. Rizal that was hit by the bullet on his execution.








By the way, the Gents room is nice..  and it gives a nice view of outside..  Fingers-crossed, it is not visible from the there!



Commemorative items were on display, too.










It would always be nice going back to this place to revisit and rekindle that patriotic and nationalistic feeling.




Continually, I am hoping that more Filipinos would know their history and learn from it. 





For looking back is a preparation we make for the future generations.

Flame in Fort Santiago Flame in Fort Santiago Reviewed by flame028 on 3:39 AM Rating: 5

No comments